Friday, August 22, 2008

Sometimes things go wrong....I worry when things happen.....

On Wednesday of last week I walked outside and got really scared. As you can see Oreo's face on the bottom is terribly swollen. The first picture shows it the best.

Immediately I called the Vet as asked what should I do. He asked if she was walking around and breathing ok, which she was. He stated to watch to see if the swelling affects her breathing and if it does he will come out.

I checked on her every few hours for her breathing, eating and walking during that time she seemed fine. After a few days she returned to normal like nothing ever happened.


Above is what Oreo normally looks like. I was just so worried. The Llamas, both Oyster and Oreo like to lay and roll in a dust bed they make or sometimes as I call it...lay like the dead. I think something bit her during a roll or a lay......because it was so swollen I am thinking it was a small rattle snake.....I don't think a scorpion bite would have produced such swelling.

Anyway, Oreo is back to normal and so are my nerves.

C
Posted by Picasa

No comments: