Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Queen of the Night opens



A few weeks ago in a top secret location, even I didn't know where it was on my property, a Queen of the Night was opened. I was surprised to have stumbled upon it. The flower lasted only one night....but it was spectacular. I am thrilled to have it growing on my land. When it is not in bloom the cactus is difficult to see as it looks like the bush it is growing under. You can see this in the second picture. Hopefully I have found it enough times to know where it is so I can keep an eye on it for next year....maybe the blossom will be even bigger. I hope so.

Chris
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Chris, I love the picture of this flower! It's so pretty. I've never heard of a "Queen of the Night" flower before. It's so cool! Kathy gave me your URL. I feel sorry for the beasties out in the rain. :-)

Congrats on the yarn. Tell Michelle to get busy!

Chris Size said...

Thanks for viewing. If you look up 'Tohono Chul Park' you will see that they have a lot of them and have some interesting events around them. Thanks for taking the time to look at my Blog. Chris

Michelle said...

Very pretty! I want to see one! My friend Monica posted the legend of this flower on her own blog. Very interesting!

Foxglove Studios said...

That is beautiful! You're right about Tohono Chul. Of course, that place is wonderful anytime.