Sunday, July 13, 2008

I actually finished some yarn!



A few weeks ago at a spin-in at my friend Kathy's I actually spun a few bobbins of my mohair. Well today I finished the process by hand washing them and hanging them to dry. Here are the results. I think they turned out well. The second picture is a blend of violet, yellow and some blue sparkles and the third picture is a natural color. It is from my red doe Amber. It turned out very soft.

The next step will be to have someone actually use it to see how well it holds up. I am excited to see my fiber made into something. Now I need to really start carding and spinning. I only have about two hundred pounds to go...and more being grown every day. Kathy was right it piles up quickly if you don't keep using it.

I think I am going to ask my friend Michelle to use it to make something. I will post what she does if she agrees. Eventually I will learn how to make some things and hopefully one day start selling my yarns.

C
Posted by Picasa

No comments: