Saturday, October 18, 2008

Spinning Homework for the Wool Festival...


Here is my homework so far for the Spin-in group at Kathy's...I was unable to attend due to a personal illness.....ok a migraine. I get them every so often and Saturday is the third day of it. It is starting to lessen so that is a good thing but, I will still call the Doctor on Monday.

Anyway....the colors are from Wilton's cake dye...I love using it because it always does something unexpected as you can see.....

Starting with the green from which every picture you want to start with here is the run down:
Green is Moss Green....there are some really dark parts maybe black...not sure until it is carded
Copper - The picture doesn't due it justice....it has some strange hues to it
Sky blue - Love it....it split as you can see
Burgundy - Oh this was the one I have issues with...first I forgot to put in the setting agent and rinsed and rinsed until my fingers were turning pink and then I said...hmmmmm I think I missed something because the fiber is going white....well I did.....it was the vinegar so back to the pot it went. The second time worked......hmmmm works when you use the right stuff....but it came out really strange can't tell if the color is right or wrong or split. I guess when I card it I will know.

I am only going to try and put some of them through the carder only once so I don't loose the split colors....hopefully that will work.

I hope the spin-in today went great and hello to everyone in the group.

C
Posted by Picasa

No comments: