Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Abby the Coonhound goes Lumpless......

The above picture was taken the night of September 14Th...the night before her surgery to remove two lumps...one from her face and one from her back leg. The Vet has been out to my house several times and has been watching the lump.....this time when he came to check my Llamas knee he said it needed to come off.....so I told him my concerns that she is ten...and I would really feel sad if I loose her under the anesthesia for something cosmetic. He assured me that they would check her blood before hand to make sure she could handle it......This was a scary decision for me because I love her just the way she is lumps and all....but I listened to the Doctor's advice.

Her is the new and improved Abby. As you can see they did a GREAT job and she came through the surgery fine.

The above picture is just so cute...she was not at all pleased by any means to have her back leg wrapped up......She worked it but didn't get the wrapping off. I took it off after 48 hours because her paw started to swell and I was feeding her all the snacks I had in the house. Once the wrap was off I had a spray I used on it for several days after.....thank god she is over weight...she had a tough time licking it, which the Doctor did not want her to do.
Abby said....."Another Picture...don't you have enough"...I said one more....there she is all good to go.

I would like to heart fully thank:
Doctor: Gordon Merayo, DVM
From the Marana Veterinary Clinic
13800 North Luckett Road
Marana, AZ 85653

I don't know what I would do with my protector and companion who eats everything including the trash...

C
Posted by Picasa

No comments: