Sunday, May 18, 2008

An Arizona Springtime...in pictures.

I was outside a few weeks ago and took some pics of what I thought would describe in pictures an Arizona Springtime. Above starts what I will call an Arizona Springtime in pictures. This tree just exploded in yellow adding a wonderful color to the desert background.

My big main China Berry just had blossoms all over it this year. I could smell them from twenty feet away...the purple flowers were just beautiful...I don't think the picture does them justice but there are lots of them.

I am not sure what this one is called but it is just coming up from the middle and looks neat as a picture. I find that the stick bugs love them...and at night if you are patient with a flashlight you will seem them walking on the ends of this plant. It is just so awesome to see nature in motion.


This one is just over doing it...come on...a bud at every point and sometimes two. It just must be happy that it is springtime. I hope it doesn't fall over from the weight of them...


I was walking by another China Berry and looked up and this is the sight. A bright green canopy to bring spring in with. It was bright green and just looked so inviting I would have liked to nest in a branch just to bask in the green canopy light.

This cactus was also a happy one...just look at the flowers and all those buds. I really like this one...it has a purple hue all year long and an odd shape to the pads. Don't get too close....it has some long spines and they are not very forgiving and stick well....I have had to pull them out of my dogs (Abby) nose....it sure does look funny stuck in her nose because they are so long. I try to tell her she can't put her nose into everything...one day it may not came back with her.


Here is a close-up of the flowers from the cactus above. They are just beautiful and bring a burst of color to Springtime in the Arizona Desert.
Chris













No comments: