Sunday, September 9, 2007

Marble - Caught with his protector (Oyster the Llama)


Marble (the sheep next to the Llama) recently moved to my house from Kathy Withers ranch. You may remember a post from her Blog talking about Marbles first haircut. We left some fiber at the top of his head because we were concerned about how my other goats would react to him. Well he fit in just fine.
He was so docile that we had to show him where the food, water and salt lick was. In fact the first few days I had to walk him over to the food and chase the others away for him to eat. He is much better now and is pushing others out of his way. I am so glad because I don't think I could walk him to his food and water everyday. I'd love to but, I have to work for goat food.
Well, Marble took right to Oyster the Llama thinking he found his mother again. Marble was right by Oyster's side no matter where she goes. You may also recognize Oyster, she is also from Kathy's ranch. Oyster is so sweet, she has turned into a natural guardian of the goats. Marble followed Oyster around everywhere.....when Oyster would be out of sight Marble would just bleat until he found her. At times I would help Marble locate her because he just sounded so distraught. It was just so cute I had to do it.
Oyster doesn't seem to mind the following except during feeding......Oyster does spit, just a lite one, at Marble to let him know that this food is hers. He is getting the picture.
He still follows her around as this photo was taken about a week ago and shows just how close he likes to be with her. Where Oyster is Marble is close behind. And, who could resit Marbles look of 'Just love me'.
More to come.
Chris

No comments: