Monday, December 10, 2007

What happens to a plant that has been growing in the same spot for three years...


This Aloe has been growing in the same spot for over three years and I was really nervous about moving it. I needed to move it to clean the area before putting the flooring in place. I thought it would be ok.....but what I didn't consider was it will probably move towards the light because over pulling it in so far.....well it did and it fell over. What a mess. At first glance I wasn't sure what to do with it.....it was just so top heavy. Well I did what I did three years ago when I started the plant...see below.




There it is....all new. Ok, maybe not new but if it grows it will be new..right..I cut the top off...and then pulled off what I could....put root hormone on the stump, which is in the pot about a foot and placed it in a really big pot. The pot at least sixty pounds of dirt it.....I hope it lives..... The other part I picked up and left it in the original pot. Maybe it will grow a new one from the stump.
All this because I started my flooring.....I am building my excuses as to why I shouldn't have started flooring.
Enjoy,
Chris



No comments: