Monday, September 8, 2008

Feed prices are going up...like everything else...


Feed prices are going up monthly...it seems. I am paying a dollar more then last month....I hope it does not continue to go up each month. It will cost more to feed my goats then it will me. I have decided to offset some feed with feeding straight Bermuda along with my pellets. It seems to stretch the pellet feed for me. The goats don't readily eat the Bermuda like they would Alfalfa....but they do eat it. The Llamas munch on it all the time...even dried out....they like to forage for it. The geese continually eat it as well.....so it doesn't go to waste.

Above is thirty 80 pound bags of half Bermuda/Alfalfa....and then on the left are two bales of Bermuda.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Eating you out of house and home! Maybe it's time for kudzu.